Are you passionate about the arts? Do you want to use your creative gifts for Kingdom purposes? Have you any experience in areas such as music, story telling and puppetry? If so, you should consider coming to Ireland and join the Creative Arts Team! Interested? Read more!
OM Ireland believes that arts can influence people's experience as they explore and engage in the Gospel creatively. The Creative Arts Team (CAT) is a growing ministry that uses their talents to share Jesus through puppetry, Gospel illustrations, and story telling. The team is involved with schools, churches on special occasions and supports other OM Ireland ministries like the Bus ministry, youth, children, etc.
As a Creative Arts Team member at OM Ireland, you can expect to:
1. Collaborate with other CAT members to write scripts and/or songs, design and build new sets, as well as create new puppets for shows.
2. Work together in developing new ministry opportunities.
3. Plan, practice for, and participate in various outreaches:
• Annual travelling puppet shows (Easter and Christmas)
• Primary and secondary schools programmes (with Kids and Youth departments)
• Performances on the Big Red Bus (kids clubs and street performances)
• Film production (currently working on the production of Christmas special)
• OM Ireland special events
4. Help lead Creative Arts workshops
5. Organise, record, and update stock (crafts, puppets, set pieces, etc.)
- Previous Creative Arts experience is essential
- Friendly and a people-person
- Able to work in a multi-cultural team
- Highly self-motivated and disciplined
- Willing to travel throughout Ireland
- Conversational English (verbal and written)
- An attitude of perseverance
- Servant heart
- Comfortable around children and Youth
- A passion to share Jesus with others. Evangelism is our main focus!
- Open to flexible diet, accommodation, and working hours
- Passion to use gifts and talents in ministry.
- Willing to perform on any location (church, school, street) to any number of people.
- Ready to explore and learn new skills.
-All OM staff secure their own funding by private donations.
Other things to know:
1. A list of Creative Arts experience and portfolio pieces will be requested during application.
2. Puppet shows require stamina and strength, as you will be in a close space, on knees for extended periods of time, while holding arms up.
3. A general knowledge of set lights and soundboards is appreciated.
4. Office work for the CAT includes: writing reports, phoning schools to book shows, script writing, and developing training materials etc.
5. Our Creative Arts Team is currently puppetry,and children ministry focused. As the department develops, we’d love to expand into dance,visual and other art forms. If you’re experienced and ready to pioneer these areas, please contact us!