A skilled and motivated individual is needed to run the entire function of administration and operational services for an International Missions Organisation in South Africa.
Job Brief: We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer or COO to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the organisation’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of operations. The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the National Director. You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of operations to drive extensive and sustainable growth in ministry.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote organisation culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the organisation and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, HR, etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the National Director in all matters of importance
- Assist National Director in fundraising ventures
- Manage relationships with partners/suppliers
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
This is a non-salary Job offer. The International Missions Organisation requires from their entire staff to raise funds and support by friends, family and churches.