Argentina is the eighth largest country in the world and has some of the world's tallest mountains, expansive deserts and impressive waterfalls.
About 40 million people live in Argentina; about 10 percent are Evangelical Christians. Throughout history, the country has struggled with military dictatorship, a lost war over the Falkland Islands, and severe economic difficulties.
What we do:
- Children's Ministry: We are seeing God transforming lives of children with big needs, especially for love and affection. We are looking for more people to get involved in this ministry.
- Soccer ministry: Football in Argentina is the number 1 attended and practiced sport. You will see Argentinians from all generations playing football until midnight on the numerous playing fields which offers great opportunities to share the gospel.
- Church Mobilisation: We visit churches, prayer groups, youth meetings and other Christian activities like mission conferences etc. to excite people for missions and show how everyone can be involved in practical ways.
- Evangelism & Outreaches: Aware of the tremendous size of our country, we do not want to limit the Gospel to our living area. We organize on a regular basis outreaches to communities and people groups with little to no access to the gospel.
How you can get involved:
- Pray for our ministries
- Pray that more workers will join OM in Argentina
- Pray that our mobilization efforts bear fruit and Argentinians impact the Globe with the Gospel
- Pray for financial provision for the ministries and the workers in the team
- GIVE — Give here (http://www.om.org/en/give) to help support the work of OM in Argentina
- GO — See the job opportunities listed at http://www.om.org/en/opportunities. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about Argentina
- Population: 41.803.125 millions, Area: 2,780,092 sq km, Capital: Buenos Aires
- Official language: Spanish
- State of economy: Argentina has a high-income economy, Latin America's third largest, and the second largest in South America behind Brazil. The country benefits from rich natural resources, a highly literate population, an export-oriented agricultural sector, and a diversified industrial base. Argentina's economic performance has historically been very uneven, in which high economic growth alternated with severe recessions, particularly during the late twentieth century, and income maldistribution and poverty increased.
- Religious make-up:(%) 89.28% Christians, 9.1% Evangelicals
- State of the church: Behind Argentina’s sophistication and postmodern facade lie intense spiritual struggles for souls. The low-key but widespread influence of the occult (Western and Latin expressions), one of the world’s highest Mormon populations and the growing Muslim population all vie for souls with postmodern agnosticism, hedonistic lifestyles and Christianity.